Chuch of Magalang


© Ramon FVelasquez/Wikimedia Commons/CC-BY-SA 3.0
© Armanbarbuco/Wikimedia Commons/CC-BY-SA 3.0
© Ramon FVelasquez/Wikimedia Commons/CC-BY-SA 3.0
© Ramon FVelasquez/Wikimedia Commons/CC-BY-SA 3.0
Location: Magalang, Pampanga (Region III)
Category: Building
Type: House of Worship
Status: Level II: With Marker
Marker Date: No date
Marker Text:
CHURCH OF MAGALANG

ESTABLISH BY THE AUGUSTINIAN IN 1605 SCENE OF THE ENCOUNTER BETWEEN THE FOLLOWERS OF ANDRES MALONG LED BY MELCHOR DE VERA AND THE SPANISH TROOPS IN 1660. MOVED TO SAN BARTOLOME IN 1734.SWEPT BY PARUA RIVER IN THE FLOOD OF 1863. RE- ESTABLISHED IN BARRIO SAN PEDRO ON 13 DECEMBER 1863 BY GOVERNMENT TOOK OVER 12 JUNE 1898 UNTIL 5 NOVEMBER 1899 WHEN THE AMERICANS SUCCEEDED. OCCUPIED BY THE JAPANESE, 3 JANUARY 1945. TURNED OVER TO THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES, 4 JULY 1946.

No comments:

Post a Comment