Cathedral of Naga

NHCP Photo Collection, 2007
Location: Naga City, Camarines Sur (Region V)
Category: Building
Type: House of Worship 
Status: Level II - With Marker 
Marker Date: 1939

Marker Text:
CATHEDRAL OF NAGA

ERECTED OF PADI-AN WHEN THE DIOCESE OF NUEVA CACERES WAS CREATED BY A PAPAL BULL OF 14 AUGUST 1595. DESTROYED BY FIRE, 1768. CONSTRUCTION OF PRESENT CATHEDRAL IN SPANISH-ROMANESQUE STYLE BEGAN BY BISHOP BERNARDO DE LA CONCEPCION, 1808. FINISHED AND BLESSED BY MONS. TOMAS LADRON DE GUEVARA, 1843. DAMAGED BY TYPHOON, OCTOBER, 1856; RESTORED BY THE VERY REVEREND FRAY FRANCISCO GAINZA, 1862-1879. DAMAGED BY EARTHQUAKE, 1887; REPAIRED BY OBRAS PUBLICAS UNDER THE DIRECTION OF BISHOP ARSENIO CAMPO AND ENGINEER RICARDO AYUS0,1890.

No comments:

Post a Comment