Church of Pamplona, Cagayan

NHCP Photo Collection
Location: Pamplona, Cagayan (Region II)
Category: Building
Type: House of Worship

Status: Level II - With Marker
Marker Date: 1939

Marker Text:
CHURCH OF PAMPLONA

CONSTRUCTED, 1614,AS CHURCH OF MASSI, UNDER THE DIRECTION OF MIGUEL MARTIN DE SAN JACINTO, O.P. PARTLY DESTROY BY EARTHQUAKE 1721. REPAIRED BY FR. JOSE CANO,O.P. SAME MUNICIPALITIES A BULACAN AND MASSI WERE UNITED 1842, UNDER THE SAME PAMPLONA. FIRST ELECTION OF TOWN OFFICIALS TOOK PLACE IN THE PREMISES,1901, BY STANDING VOTES.

No comments:

Post a Comment