Church of San Pedro Makati








Location: San Pedro, Makati City (Region NCR)
Category: Building
Type: House of Worship
Status: Level II - With Marker
Marker Date: 1937

Marker Text:
SAN PEDRO MACATI CHURCH

THE FRANCISCANS WERE THE FIRST MISSIONARIES HERE IN 1578. THE JESUITS BUILT THIS CHURCH IN 1620 AND ADMINISTERED IT UNTIL 1768..ADJOINING WERE THE NOVITIATE FOR THE JESUITS AND A HOUSE OF RETREAT. BOTH THE CHURCH AND NOVITIATE WERE DEDICATED TO SAN PEDRO IN MEMORY OF THE REV. PEDRO DE LOS MONTES, BUILDER OF THE CHURCH AND OF CAPTAIN PEDRO DE BRITTO, REGIDOR OF MANILA, WHO DONATED THE SITE CALLED BUENAVISTA IN 1607 AND ENDOWED THE NOVITIATE.

No comments:

Post a Comment