Church of Orani




Location: Orani, Bataan (Region III)
Category: Building
Type: House of Worship
Status: Level II - With Marker
Marker Date: 1939
Marker Text::
CHURCH OF ORANI

ORANI BECAME AN INDEPENDENT MISSIONARY CENTER IN 1714. THE CHURCH AND THE CONVENT OF ORANI, REPAIRED IN 1792 AND 1836, WERE BADLY DAMAGED BY THE EARTHQUAKE OF 16 SEPTEMBER 1852. THEY WERE REBUILT AND IMPROVED UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE REV. BARTOLOME ALVAREZ DEL MANZANO, O.P., IN 1868, AND OF THE REV. FERMIN PEREZ SAN JULIAN, O.P., IN 1891, AND WERE DESTROYED ON 16 MARCH 1938, BY THE FIRE WHICH RAZED ABOUT THREE FOURTHS OF ORANI INCLUDING THE TOWN HALL, THE TERCENA - FORMER BATAAN HIGH SCHOOL AND LATER ORANI ELEMENTARY SCHOOL BUILDING. THE CHURCH WAS RECONSTRUCTED IN SEPTEMBER, 1938.

No comments:

Post a Comment