Church of Apalit

Location: Apalit, Pampanga (Region III)
Category: Building
Type: House of Worship 

Status: Level II - With Marker
Marker Date: 1939

Marker Text:
CHURCH OF APALIT

THE CATHOLIC COMMUNITY OF APALIT DATES FROM 1590. THE FORMER CHURCH, BUILT OF BRICK WAS DESTROYED BY THE EARTHQUAKE OF 1863. THE PRESENT CHURCH WAS CONSTRUCTED BY MARIANO SANTOS, OF GUAGUA, UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE REV ANTONIO REDONDO, O.S.A., BETWEEN 1876 AND 1880. ITS TOWERS WERE FINISHED IN 1896 BY THE REV TORIBIO FANJUL, WHO PURPOSELY MADE THEM LOW TO MINIMIZE THE EFFECTS OF EARTHQUAKES.

No comments:

Post a Comment