Church of Tagbilaran


Location: Tagbilaran City, Bohol (Region VII)
Category: Building
Type: House of Worship
Status: Level II - With Marker
Marker Date: 1955

Marker Text:
CHURCH OF TAGBILARAN

ONE OF THE SIX PARISHES FOUNDED IN BOHOL BY THE JESUIT MISSIONARIES, 1595, TURNED OVER TO THE RECOLLECTS, 1768. ORIGINAL CHURCH BUILT BY THE JESUITS ON THIS SPOT WAS BURNED 23 DECEMBER 1798. RECONSTRUCTED AND ENLARGED BY FR, VALERO DE SAN PASCUAL, 1839-1855; FR. LUCAS COROMINAS BUILT THE CONVENT, 1872; FR. JOSE SANCHO THE TOWER, 1884-1888. FATHER ESCOLASTICO ENCISO IMPROVED THE PREMISES BY PLACING IRON ORNICES, TILE FLOORING AND CHANDELIERS, 1888-1894.



No comments:

Post a Comment